Govt. Medical College
Address: Health Ministry, Mohakhali, Dhaka-1212
Phone: 8825400 Email: n/a Web: n/a
Session 2008 2009
1. Students must be Bangladeshi Citizen;
2. a) Students who have passed the SSC/Equivalent before 2005 need not apply;
b) Students who have passed the HSC/Equivalent (with Physics, Chemistry, Biology) in 2007 and 2008;
3. a) Total GPA 8.0 in SSC and HSC and GPA 3.5 in each of SSC and HSC;
b) Hill Districts and Tribal candidates must have total GPA 7.0 in SSC and HSC and GPA 3.00 in each
4. For GCE : 05 (best five) Subjects in O-Level and 03 (three) subjects (Biology, Chemistry & Physics) in A-level. Must submit Equivalency Certificate from Health Department by depositing Tk. 1000/-.
The Prescribed Application Form is to be obtained from Medical College by depositing Tk. 520/- (non-refundable) from 29 Sep. 2008; Applicants must collect Application Form, Admit Card and submit Application Form by himself/herself.
Admission Test Date:
Admission Test Time:
• Merit Quota 80% and District Quota 20%
• Students will be admitted in the college by merit and their choice
• Students who passed HSC under Dhaka Board may apply through any Medical College. Students who passed HSC under Other Boards cannot apply through DMC, SSMC and Khaleda Zia Medical College. Please note: Appearing in the Admission Test in any medical college is all the same
• Incomplete application and application with false information (whenever detected) will be rejected
• Total Marks = 200; Written Test ( MCQ): 100 (Phy=20, Chem=25, Biology=30, English=15, General Knowledge=10); Based on SSC and HSC GPA, 100 marks will be added with written test marks to prepare final merit list; Merit List = Admission Test Marks + SSC GPA X 8 + HSC GPA X 12.
• 175 seats in each of 8 old medical colleges and 100 seats in each of 6 new medical colleges and 50 seats in Pabna Medical College; 12 seats (03 for tribal and 01 for non tribal of each Rangamati, Khagrachari and Bandarban) for tribal and non tribal of hill districts, 08 seat for tribal and non tribal of other districts. Total 20 seats; 40 seats for Children of Freedom Fighters.
• The completed application form should reach to the Principal of Government Medical College on or before 23 Oct, 2008; SSC and HSC or equivalent Mark Sheet (Attested);
• SSC and HSC or equivalent certificate or testimonial (Attested); Photocopy of the Certificate of City Mayor/Pourasava Chairman/Union Parishad Chairman/ word commissioner for district quota; 04 (four) copies of Passport size photo (Attested);
• Tribal and non-tribal candidates of Hill districts and the tribal of other districts must submit necessary supporting documents; Children of Freedom Fighters must submit necessary supporting documents.