Scholarships news in Leeds Metropolitan University.UK
Based in the thriving city of Leeds, our university is one of the most popular in the country. With over 28,000 students and 2,900 staff, we are a people business and our contribution to the region and beyond is significant. We value our students' dreams and goals; our university is committed to preparing them for the world of work in the best possible way.
Pre-arrival and orientation
- Leeds Metropolitan University runs a one-week welcome program for new international students arriving for both the September and January intakes.
- We offer sessions on welfare, immigration, how to find a part-time job, registering with a GP, course inductions, library induction, introduction to UK culture, introduction to the UK higher education system, a welcome party, and the buddies programme which helps new students meet current students who will act as their mentors and buddies.
- We provide dedicated advisors for international students through Services for Students.
- All international students are guaranteed accommodation in the University’s halls of residence provided they book via the online university accommodation booking system.
- Deadlines apply to guarantee a student's first choice out of the three they can select. There are guaranteed places in halls of residence for all students who accept an unconditional or conditional offer before the end of June.
- The accommodation booking period is 1 February– 31 July for International students. If accommodation is required after the booking periods close, assistance will be provided in finding students an accommodation solution within Leeds.
- All of our accommodation is suitable for international students. We offer a wide variety to meet the needs of different age groups and cultures.
- There is University accommodation across the city to cater for students studying at the different campuses. All are within easy traveling distances of the campuses.
- Students do not have to move out of their university accommodation during the Christmas and Easter vacations.
- Accommodation prices range from £85 to £165 per week, and include rent, utilities (in most cases), insurance for personal possessions and internet access. All University halls of residence are self-catered.
English language requirement
- GCSE English: grade C.
- IELTS: 6.0 with no skill below 5.5.
- TOEFL: (paper) 550; (internet) 79.
Scholarships and bursaries
- 10% early payment or alumni discount.
Further information for international undergraduate degree students
- Tel: +44 (0)113 812 1111
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: www.leedsmet.ac.uk/international
0113 812 0000
Course / Admission Enquiries
0113 812 3113
+44 113 81 21111
0113 812 5972
Replacement certificates / transcripts
Access to Learning & other Funds
0113 812 6701
0113 812 3000
Employability Team (Careers & Job Shop)
0113 812 5995 / 0113 812 7335
E-mail us (MyHub login required)
0113 812 3000
Ask a question
Media Enquiries / Find an Expert
0113 812 3021
Security (24 Hour)
0113 230 7249
Postal addressLeeds Metropolitan University
From 22 September 2014 Leeds Metropolitan University will become Leeds Beckett University. Beckett Park is where a number of the university’s predecessor colleges were established, the first being the City of Leeds Training College in 1913, and is still home to the university’s Headingley Campus.
Why study at Leeds Metropolitan University?
- Many courses are developed with employers and professional bodies, and are designed to enhance employ ability.
- Undergraduate courses with work-related learning and placements.
- Volunteering opportunities to help students gain valuable employ ability skills.
- Libraries open 24/7, 365 days a year.
- State-of-the-art learning facilities.
- Award-winning accommodation.
- Leeds is the UK’s largest center for finance and business services outside of London.
- High standard of education and excellent teaching quality, with high levels of student satisfaction, as demonstrated by recent NSS scores.
- Good graduate employment record and reputation with employers.
- Global award for 'Best Tall Building in the World' by the Council for Global Architects, 2010.
- World-class sports facilities, chosen by the Chinese Olympic track and field team as a training base for the London Olympics 2012.
- One-year internationally recognized Masters Qualifications.
- Free English language support.
- A network of 30 university teacher fellows and five Higher Education Academy (HEA) national teaching fellows.
- Research graded world-leading or
internationally excellent in: Allied Health Professions and Studies; Art
and Design; Business and Management Studies;
Communication, Cultural and Media Studies; Education; Library and Information Management; Sports-Related Studies.
- No overseas campus.
Student organizations for international students
- Various international student societies, e.g. Leeds Met Indian Students Society and sports societies
Advice for International Students
- General Advice
- British University History, Culture & the Weather
- Applying to a British University
- Entry and Employment Regulations
- English Language Tests and Requirements
- Managing Your Money
- Student Jobs
- Student Accommodation
International Students in the UK
- International students – the facts
- Where they come from
- What they study
- Where they study
- University and subject popularity
- International students – percentage by university
- More key public information
- IT Security Policies
- Wider Information Sets (WIS)
- Term dates
- Financial statements
- Freedom of information
- Equality & diversity
- Data protection
- Student regulations