Tuesday, October 7, 2014
1:24 AM No comments
1. Punched cards were first introduced by
A. Powers B. Pascal
C. Jacquard D. Herman Hollerith
2. Word length of a Personal Computer is ___
A. 4 bits B. 8 bits
C. 16 bits D. 64 bits
3. Cursor is a ____
A. Pixel B. Thin blinking line
C. Pointing device D. None of these
4. Operating system, editors, and debuggers comes under?
A. System Software B. Application Software
C. Utilities D. None of the above
5. Which device is required for the Internet connection?
A. Joystick B. Modem
C. CD Drive D. NIC Card
6. What does DMA stand for?
A. Distinct Memory Access B. Direct Memory Access
C. Direct Module Access D. Direct Memory Allocation
7. When did John Napier develop logarithm?
A. 1416 B. 1614
C. 1641 D. 1804
8. A normal CD-ROM usually can store up to __________data?
A. 680 KB B. 680 Bytes
C. 680 MB D. 680 GB
9. ATM stands for?
A. Automatic Talking Machine
B. Automatic Teller Machine
C. Analog Teller Machine
D. Automatic Ticketing Machine
10. The Second Generation Computer was based on ………….
A. Vacuum Tube B. Silicon Chips
C. Transistor D. Bio Chips
11. The Third Generation Computer was made with ………….
A. Vacuum Tube B. Discrete Components
C. IC D. Bio Chips
12. he BIOS is the abbreviation of ………….
A. Basic Input Output System B. Best Input Output System
C. Basic Input Output Symbol D. Base Input Output System
13. What do you call a single point on a computer screen
A. Cell B. Element
C. Pixel D. Bit
14. How was the generation of computer classified?
A. by the device used in memory & processor
B. by the speed of computer
C. by the model of the computer
D. by the accuracy of computer
15. Through which device the main components of the computer communicate with each other?
A. Keyboard B. System Bus
C. Monitor D. Memory
16. Which is a valid program to access the Internet?
A. Access B. Front Page
C. Windows Explorer D. Netscape
17. Which one is the Low Level Language?
A. Assembly B. Visual Basic
C. Java D. C++
18. Which is a volatile memory?
A. ROM B. BIOS
C. PROM D. RAM
19. The digital signals can be represented by
A. Binary Codes B. 0 and 1
C. High and Low D. all of the above
20. Which program can be used for email?
A. Internet Explorer B. Outlook Express
C. NetMeeting D. FrontPage
21. Modulator-demodulator is a device that converts:
A. Digital signal into analog signal
B. Analog signal into digital signal
C. Both A and B
D. None of the above
22. _______ is used for scanning the pictures and putting them in digitized form in the computer.
A. CD-ROM B. Plotter
C. Bar-coder D. Scanner
23. Animator, 3D Studio, Corel Draw and Flash are………….
A. Word processors B. Spreadsheet packages
C. Multimedia S/W D. None of the above
24. Which statement is valid?
A. 1 KB = 8 bytes B. 1 MB = 8 KB
C. 1 KB = 1024 bytes D. 1 MB = 1024 bytes
25. Which device is used to process data?
A. CPU B. RAM
C. DCU D. VDU
26. Who is known as the father of Computer Science?
A. Charles Babbage B. Howard Aiken
C. Dr. Herman Hollerith D. Blaise Pascal
27. What is the capacity of a 3.5” Floppy Disk?
A. 360KB B. 720KB
C. 1.2MB D. 1.44MB
28. A Personal Computer (PC) is a …………….. Computer.
A. Super B. Main Frame
C. Mini D. Micro
29. What type of printers are Dot Matrix Printers?
A. Laser B. Inkjet
C. Impact D. Drum
30. What is the full form of RAM?
A. Read Access Memory B. Random Access Memory
C. Rapid access Memory D. none
- ► 2015 (105)
- SSC, Dakhil and SSC Vocational Exam Routine 2015 a...
- Affordable and Quality Online MBA Programs in the ...
- Important Networking Interview Questions with Answ...
- Update Computers Questions and Answer for all stud...
- Today’s Computers Basic Questions and Answer
- Computer Science questions and answers for intervi...
- Which dress appropriate for an Interview
- Know how to study in Spain
- ▼ October (8)