Friday, December 30, 2016
12:23 AM College, Education, Education Resources, School, Student, Teacher, Tips, University No comments
25 Tips to be an Effective Teacher
1. Have eagle sight to improve your reach and thus reach students with difficulties and successful students. Never compare and keep in mind that no student is the same.
2. Look for the perfect way to maintain a good relationship with the family. As Jose Antonio Marina says: "to educate we need the whole tribe".
3. Read about the best teaching techniques, try to put them into practice, and if they do not work you can combine them with your own experience. Many of the education theorists were never in a classroom.
4. Daily encourages students to investigate new discoveries at home and share the class
5. Incorporate music at specific times. Make a deal with your students so they know how to concentrate with ambient sound. "evil eye", nothing to put this heavy metal song that you like so much in your personal life.
6. Challenge your students to go beyond their usual reach. For this it is important to know one by one.
7. Incorporate what I call "homework in your world". Do not be fooled, when they get home, they usually pick up the tablet or laptop to entangle. If you create an online platform for them to do their homework, it may not seem like an arduous task and you can get them to review in a "playful" way what they see throughout the morning in class.
8. Try to introduce the new techniques of gamification in the classroom and above all reward a great attempt.
9. Experience in the classroom what a classmate told you that worked with your students. It does not have to work with yours, but it is okay to try and evaluate the results.
10. You must be able to create a global perspective on children to make them feel like world citizens.
11. Encourage a lot of questions, you do not have to know how to answer all, but have all the students feel part of a team of reporters who have to give answers to all your questions. Perhaps you can draw conclusions from all.
12. Make the students themselves feel their progress. For example, show them how bad they wrote at the beginning of the notebook and how little by little, thanks to their effort, they write better. There is no doubt that he will leave the school telling his mom.
13. Give your students all the tools to succeed in life. This is somewhat related to Basic Competencies. There are some things we usually overlook in the classroom due to lack of time. For me one of them is the oratory. Have your students speak in front of the rest of the class, even if they tell what they did on the weekend. You can not tolerate seeing university students who are afraid to submit work in class and that we can cure it from a very young age.
14. Always smile, always and always. It is difficult, but for this you can help try to sleep the necessary. You are the captain or captain of the boat. If you are not 100% your sailors either.
15. Make a pineapple with the team of teachers of your school. It is impossible to ask for cooperative work for your students if you do not do it yourself.
16. Take care of your voice. To all we miss some little voice from time to time, to deny it, but it is worth remembering that you should not raise your voice as this will help you to keep control of your classroom and of course your most important work tool.
17. Do not be discouraged if you do not see immediate progress and encourage students in the long run. Education and patience always go hand in hand.
18. Grow with your class. The students have a lot to teach you every day. You are not the only sage in the class.
19. Anchor your lessons in your world. It is not worth teaching different ecosystems to a child if you do not relate it to your nearest environment. The palpable or visible is much more understandable than imaginable.
20. Maintain your energy level to be one hundred percent throughout the morning. To do this select a good schedule, within the possibilities, makes your energy and that of your students are not exhausted.
21. Find the key to each student's success and use those subjects or lessons where he or she knows best to encourage you.
22. Not all learning is looking in our thinking box. Therefore have the student move, manipulate, sing and even laugh. Some learning occurs when we are not thinking about learning.
23. Allows students to express themselves through the arts.
24. Use your rubber to erase everything a student did wrong the day before. It is convenient to relate the lessons from one day to another, but never the behaviors of children, but without wanting to end up tagging.
25. Less talking and more listening. Some teachers talk so much that children end up getting bored. It's understandable. When you notice that you are moving from talking, to the car and let the students speak to express their opinions.
- ▼ December (2)
- ► 2015 (105)